Thursday, October 2, 2008

Apathy and Ice Cream

Sigh...
Sigh....
Sigh.....

I sit here munching away on almonds wishing I were in bed!
I am the epitome of apathy and irritation!
A gripe-fest would feel SO GOOD right now but I know that I'm trying to stay positive about my life.

GRRRRRRR! It's not easy for me to be positive. Most people wouldn't believe that because I am very upbeat but that's outwardly. Inwardly toward myself I am very negative. I must get over it!

I've been staring at chapter 26 today but don't feel like writing. I'm SO tired! All I can think about is sleeping. Let me try this out:

Sapphire walked into the kitchen at Ramses' enormous mansion and saw Madu standing over the sink drinking a glass of water. He might as well have been a piece of the granite counter-tops with the way he addressed her presence.

"Hi," she said in her most cheerful voice, hoping to encourage equal friendliness. But he merely nodded, continuing to gulp down the water.

"I was just coming down to get water myself. I'm a water-aholic. I got used to drinking a ton of it when I was in my band. It's extremely important to keep the voice well hydrated."

"Water-aholic?" Madu said, giving her a look that acknowledged what she thought in her own mind; what a stupid thing to have said.

"Listen," she said, taking a firm stance with crossed arms. "I know you don't like me, although it was your idea that I stay here, which I still don't understand, but here I am! So, unless you're trying to get me to leave by acting all annoyed and awkward, can you at least be a little more friendly?"

"No. The truth is, I just do not like you."

She shrugged. "Well, okay. I guess that answers my question. I'm going to go back to bed now for a few years or something. Maybe I'll just sleep forever! That sounds really good right now. Don't get me wrong, I don' t mean sleep forever, like being dead but just actually sleeping. I love sleeping! And while I'm asleep I'll dream about doughnuts and ice cream. Mmmm...."

And Sapphire slept happily every after.

THE END

CHIN UP

By Malia Cortez
From Sapphire’s Egypt soundtrack- The Journey of pages Vol. 2
Copyright


Chin up girl! You don’t have far to go, you know, you know now.
Chin up girl! And let a smile play across your lips now.
They cannot, they cannot take away the memories you’ve made.
They cannot, they cannot stop you from dreaming.
Oo, oo, ah. Oo, oo, ah. Oo, oo, ah.

Be strong now! Each step you take is closer to you destiny.
Lights! Camera! Action! Keep rolling now I’ll tell you everything.
There’s no point, there’s no point in hiding ‘neath and endless sea of veils.
They cannot, they cannot stop me from living.
No, no, no. No, no, no. No, no, no.

When will the circus end?
Hey man, can you even contemplate it?
When will the circus end?
Hey man, does it seem overrated?

Help me up, help me up again. Why does it always seem that I am struggling, juggling? Get away, get away from here. Can’t you see I’ve poured out every drop of my blood for this? Hey can’t you see our tears? Don’t let these cherished years just disappear.

When will the circus end?
Hey man, can you even contemplate it?
When will the circus end.
Hey man, does it seem overrated?
Does it seem overrated?

Chin up girl! You don’t have far to go, you know, you know now.
Chin up girl! You don’t have far to go, you know, you know now.
They cannot, they cannot stop you,
They cannot, they cannot stop you,
THEY CANNOT STOP YOU!

No comments: