Wednesday, October 1, 2008

$50,000!

I saw Rafiq on the street last Friday! Not the real Rafiq, of course, but if Rafiq did jump out of the pages of my story this guy was close to what I created him to look like.

I was walking toward the garage I park in after work, when coming down the opposite side of the street I spotted him. I was really tempted to run over, in spite of the cars that would be screeching to a halt and honking their horns at my foolish sprint across the busy road, and say, "Will you pose as one of the characters in my story for a photo shoot? And by the way, you're hot..." HAHA! Sigh... But I just continued to my car. I really hope I'll run into him again.

I've had to pause on writing Chapter 26 while I complete the application for a $50,000 grant from A Room of Her Own Foundation. PLEASE GOD GET ME THIS MONEY! I've decided that I WILL get the money. Yes, that's right! And then I'll not have to work for a year and be able to concentrate solely on finishing this rewrite, go to Egypt, self-publish, market and look into making the music CDs and movies. YEAH! That would ROCK! I'm almost done with my 5th essay I'm required to write for this grant. I will be going up against other writers, so I'm not sure what my odds are...but NO! My odds are GREAT because I'm going to get the $50,000! YEAH!

Now, I will return to my essay.

$50,000!

1 comment:

Andria said...

there's my girl! your attitude is so inspiring!
LU
A