Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Application in!

I submitted the application for the Gift of Freedom Award offered by A Room of Her Own Foundation. What a blessing organizations like that are to writers! I'm very thankful to have come across them.

The application process was intense but I plowed through it as I do when I have my mind focused on something. In all, I had to submit 11 documents. 5 essays: My finacial situation-1 page; Artistic Response piece to a Virginia Woolf quote-5 pages; What Writing Means to Me-5 pages, My Creative Project and its Practical Aspects-5 pages; Community Benefit of my project- 3 pages; individual lists of employment history, education history, community service, publications, history of awards/prizes/grants; and 10 page sample of my writing. Plus, they wanted 3 consecutive years of tax returns and $35 application fee. WOW! But it's all done and submitted! YAY!!!! Now I just have to wait until they announce the winner. Yes, 5 months of waiting! March 31st is when they give the award. So long... But I plan on getting it so it's worth the wait! :)

For the love of SPAGETT! I swear if I roll my eyes one more time, they'll flip back into my head! I'm so SICK of this phone ringing, and ringing, and ringing! And every call has been a maintenance call, which takes twice as long. I really need out of this job DEAR GOD!

$50,000, $50,000, $50,000- PLEASE!

No comments: